Posts filed under ‘Click on’
First things first, our paperwhites are in full bloom!
Have any fun plans for the weekend, lovelies? I’m hoping for a crafty one with Wren (with Phoebe tucked in one arm). Valentine’s Day is coming up! Anyone else flip the calendar to February this week and think, “hey wait a minute, how did THAT happen?” Yikes. Hey, 2012, slow down already. If you’ve got some time to lazily click around ye old Internet this weekend, start with these click-worthy corners of Cyberspace. Enjoy!
- Yes, I just took our porch Christmas lights down (!) and things are looking especially bare around here. Some crafty heart window bling might be in order to obscure the melting yuck outside.
- a Mondrian-inspired sandwich and other low-commitment projects. Yes! First spotted on You Are My Fave.
- a photo of potted crocus has me thinking spring via Posie Gets Cozy.
- free, printable Valentine’s Card Creatures. Cool, funky ones. Really.
- more V-day fun. Decorate a plate with edible paint. Yum.
- Last year I said I would make this ice garland. Well, THIS is the year! If winter comes back…
- We made fox cookies last year for Valentine’s Day and we’ll probably have some fun with butter this weekend too. Any fun cookie ideas you can send my way?
Happy Weekend, lovelies! This beach photo from less than a week ago (!) really seems crazy to me as we’ve had frost/freeze warnings the last couple nights here in northern Michigan and we’ve rediscovered our fleece jackets and sock drawers again. Summery summer is over. How do you feel about that? I love wearing a scarf, so I’m in heaven…
I realized that it’s been a long time since I did a Friday “click on,” so here goes… Some fun places for you to get lost in ye ole Cyberspace this weekend. Enjoy!
- I can’t get this idea for all-natural moss graffiti out of my head.
- I have a crush on this blog. And her illustrations too.
- Have you perused the new Kirtsy yet? Get ready, get set, get inspired.
- Spread the love for our dear mitten with this Michigan letterpress print. Or this simple Michigan peninsulas embroidery. CUTE.
- Need a baby shower gift for a sushi lover? Yup. I know, right?!
- I could just move right in. Love this home.
How did it already get to be the middle of July? Whew. We’ve been making sand castles, visiting with friends and family, tackling a mountain of work, playing in the back yard, going to festivals, listening to live music, eating lots of frozen confections, watching the garden grow and trying to work in some lazy moments too. And summer zooms on by!
Have anything fun planned for the weekend? More grilled pizzas are on the docket for us tonight, mmmm. Here’s wishing you a weekend full of lazy summer moments! And a few places for you to click on over to, in case you find yourself in front of the ole lapper-topper….
- I love me some trifle so when I saw this idea for mini to-go trifles, my heart just about skipped a beat. Too bad our fresh raspberries/cherries/blueberries just don’t stick around long enough for me to concoct a special dessert for them…
- I quick-pickled the last of our radishes using this easy-peasy recipe. I think it’s my new favorite way to munch on the spicy little guys. And it allowed me to check something off my summer list. Yessss.
- Did you see Charlotte’s rainbow party? Complete with milk shots and a colored sprinkle rim? Gasp!
- Love maps and old globes? Yeah, me too. This round-up of map decor in kids rooms via Ohdeedoh is fantastic.
- Dear Melissa is pushing me to pick up a new hobby: knitting! What do you think, lovelies? Can I do it?
Happy Father’s Day weekend to all of you! What are you doing to celebrate all the father-figures in your lives?
Here are some links to keep you clicking on over the weekend. Enjoy!
- 101 Things To Do With Your Toddler. Need I say more?!
- I like the way they’ve organized this toddler-friendly AND baby-proof creativity corner.
- Looking for something new to do with radishes? Try this roasted radish & asparagus salad. Yum.
- Need a fresh new look on your desktop? Try one of these free Pantone desktop wallpapers – my new one is orange! Too bad you can hardly see it as it’s covered in chaos.
- Kate from Minieco has THE BEST ideas. A site filled with fun, beautiful opportunities for me to go “wow, why didn’t I think of that?!” These colored pencil necklaces are just so darn cute.
- Doesn’t rhubarb/rosemary jam sound good? I might have to make a batch this weekend…
My Dad took this photo while in southern France recently. Birdie!
Happy Friday, lovelies. Can we somehow make every week a holiday week – wasn’t this a nice one?
- I am not a quilter, but I want to be after seeing this idea for a mini vegetable patch quilt.
- Although I bought some cute candles at Target for Wren’s birthday cupcake, this round-up of cool candles is worth a bookmark for next year.
- I just mentioned to my Mom that I’d been looking for an ice cream maker at garage sales. And then she gave me her ice cream maker! Score. This collection of frozen confection recipes was awfully timely for me to click into.
- I love the industrial furniture look and if I had a counter, I would make haste and get these (AFFORDABLE!) metal counter stools.
- Several people sent me a link to this asparagus fondant cake. Isn’t it incredible?!
- Thanks for all the love for Wren’s play kitchen. We’re loving it too! It’s so nice to have a toy that actually gets used…
Happy Friday, lovelies. I hope you have a fantastic weekend. Here are a few links to tickle your fancy…
- Attention, knitters! Calling all cherry lovers! And a special shout out to all expecting Mamas! All 3? Woah. You will totally flip over how ridiculously cute this pattern is. I swear I could feel my baby kicking just by looking at it. And I don’t even knit! Or know the gender. So yeah, click on.
- Thinking of mowing down those dandelions? Stop! Make dandelion jelly.
- Not sure what to do with all that dandelion jelly you just made? Dandelion macarons, silly.
- Excited about asparagus season? Kick it off with this delicious easy-peasy asparagus frittata. You won’t be sorry.
- I love when people do something special to mark a baby’s amazing changes month-by-month, don’t you?
- I’m also amazed when people with a lot of kids (6!) find ways to make each child’s birthday special. Check out the balloon garland!
Happy weekend, lovelies. Do you have any fun plans? We’ve got a couple fun things planned, including going for a hike in the woods to hear the spring peepers and check out the first of the spring wildflowers. “They” say we’re going to experience a mix of rain and snow this weekend, but I’m hopeful that it’s mostly rain at this point. We need it to wash all the yuck away…
If you ARE stuck inside a bit, check out these inspiring links:
- I had pretty much written off using crepe paper for decorating. Until now. Gasp!
- Great ideas for making time in your life for crafting.
- Rainy day blues? Dress for (colorful!) rainy day success.
- Starting seeds this spring? Check out this handy calendar for when to start your hopeful cornucopia of veggies.
- I love to click in on the Sweet Juniper blog and was thrilled to see the new hand-drawn header image. What do you think?