First things first, our paperwhites are in full bloom!
Have any fun plans for the weekend, lovelies? I’m hoping for a crafty one with Wren (with Phoebe tucked in one arm). Valentine’s Day is coming up! Anyone else flip the calendar to February this week and think, “hey wait a minute, how did THAT happen?” Yikes. Hey, 2012, slow down already. If you’ve got some time to lazily click around ye old Internet this weekend, start with these click-worthy corners of Cyberspace. Enjoy!
Happy Weekend, lovelies! This beach photo from less than a week ago (!) really seems crazy to me as we’ve had frost/freeze warnings the last couple nights here in northern Michigan and we’ve rediscovered our fleece jackets and sock drawers again. Summery summer is over. How do you feel about that? I love wearing a scarf, so I’m in heaven…
I realized that it’s been a long time since I did a Friday “click on,” so here goes… Some fun places for you to get lost in ye ole Cyberspace this weekend. Enjoy!
What’s been blowing your skirt up lately? Send me a link. XO
How did it already get to be the middle of July? Whew. We’ve been making sand castles, visiting with friends and family, tackling a mountain of work, playing in the back yard, going to festivals, listening to live music, eating lots of frozen confections, watching the garden grow and trying to work in some lazy moments too. And summer zooms on by!
Have anything fun planned for the weekend? More grilled pizzas are on the docket for us tonight, mmmm. Here’s wishing you a weekend full of lazy summer moments! And a few places for you to click on over to, in case you find yourself in front of the ole lapper-topper….
- I love me some trifle so when I saw this idea for mini to-go trifles, my heart just about skipped a beat. Too bad our fresh raspberries/cherries/blueberries just don’t stick around long enough for me to concoct a special dessert for them…
- I quick-pickled the last of our radishes using this easy-peasy recipe. I think it’s my new favorite way to munch on the spicy little guys. And it allowed me to check something off my summer list. Yessss.
- Did you see Charlotte’s rainbow party? Complete with milk shots and a colored sprinkle rim? Gasp!
- Love maps and old globes? Yeah, me too. This round-up of map decor in kids rooms via Ohdeedoh is fantastic.
- Dear Melissa is pushing me to pick up a new hobby: knitting! What do you think, lovelies? Can I do it?
Happy Father’s Day weekend to all of you! What are you doing to celebrate all the father-figures in your lives?
Here are some links to keep you clicking on over the weekend. Enjoy!
Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your Papas, Dads, Daddys, Fathers & Grandpas!
Happy Friday, lovelies. I hope you have a fantastic weekend. Here are a few links to tickle your fancy…
- Attention, knitters! Calling all cherry lovers! And a special shout out to all expecting Mamas! All 3? Woah. You will totally flip over how ridiculously cute this pattern is. I swear I could feel my baby kicking just by looking at it. And I don’t even knit! Or know the gender. So yeah, click on.
- Thinking of mowing down those dandelions? Stop! Make dandelion jelly.
- Not sure what to do with all that dandelion jelly you just made? Dandelion macarons, silly.
- Excited about asparagus season? Kick it off with this delicious easy-peasy asparagus frittata. You won’t be sorry.
- I love when people do something special to mark a baby’s amazing changes month-by-month, don’t you?
- I’m also amazed when people with a lot of kids (6!) find ways to make each child’s birthday special. Check out the balloon garland!
What blew your skirt up this week, lovelies? Send me a link.
Happy weekend, lovelies. Do you have any fun plans? We’ve got a couple fun things planned, including going for a hike in the woods to hear the spring peepers and check out the first of the spring wildflowers. “They” say we’re going to experience a mix of rain and snow this weekend, but I’m hopeful that it’s mostly rain at this point. We need it to wash all the yuck away…
If you ARE stuck inside a bit, check out these inspiring links:
- I had pretty much written off using crepe paper for decorating. Until now. Gasp!
- Great ideas for making time in your life for crafting.
- Rainy day blues? Dress for (colorful!) rainy day success.
- Starting seeds this spring? Check out this handy calendar for when to start your hopeful cornucopia of veggies.
- I love to click in on the Sweet Juniper blog and was thrilled to see the new hand-drawn header image. What do you think?
Here’s to a restful weekend. Whew.
Almost 50 and sunny here today! The robins are twerping, the crocus are blooming, the puddles are growing. Bye bye, winter, bye bye. Wait a minute! Didn’t we already go through this?! Ahem. We’ve got some fun things planned for tonight and Saturday, but Sunday? Nothing planned, just how we like it. Any fun weekend plans, lovelies? Thanks for clicking in on me today. Here are a few things I thought you might like. Enjoy!
Happy April, friends. Was that the longest March EVER? Whew.
22 months old already, wow.
Truth be told, I’m a bit bummed. 12 and snowy is not exactly what I had in mind for Spring Break. Apparently I cursed myself by washing the little birdie’s snowsuit last week AND washing my car. I knew it was too good to be true. Sigh. I know, I know. We live in northern Michigan and furthermore, it’s incredibly boring to complain about the weather, no? Soooooo… how ’bout we get lost in the Interwebs for a while instead, lovelies?
Have a wonderful weekend, friends. XO
Happy Friday, lovelies! Thanks for clicking in on me today. So why don’t you grab a few Girl Scout cookies and check out these must-see things in ye ole interwebs?
- My friend, Victoria, is having a recycled kid’s tote giveaway. I just love her stuff. Ends Monday – make haste!
- Calorie-free, beautiful, inspiring sweets. I love the mix of media here: blog meets drool-worthy drawings.
- Have a few old t-shirts in your drawer? Me too. Make a scarf.
- A round-up worthy of your time, map-lovers.
- Pump up those tires and attach this bike basket. Instant spring!
P.S. I have been spending some quality time with microfilm lately. What fun! I know, I am such a dork. I just had to share this image with you from 1928. Isn’t this still the truth?
P.P.S. Special thanks to all of you who have sent “get well” messages to me regarding my eye. Geesh. It’s just fine now – the cornea is amazingly robust, no?