How did it already get to be the middle of July? Whew. We’ve been making sand castles, visiting with friends and family, tackling a mountain of work, playing in the back yard, going to festivals, listening to live music, eating lots of frozen confections, watching the garden grow and trying to work in some lazy moments too. And summer zooms on by!
Have anything fun planned for the weekend? More grilled pizzas are on the docket for us tonight, mmmm. Here’s wishing you a weekend full of lazy summer moments! And a few places for you to click on over to, in case you find yourself in front of the ole lapper-topper….
- I love me some trifle so when I saw this idea for mini to-go trifles, my heart just about skipped a beat. Too bad our fresh raspberries/cherries/blueberries just don’t stick around long enough for me to concoct a special dessert for them…
- I quick-pickled the last of our radishes using this easy-peasy recipe. I think it’s my new favorite way to munch on the spicy little guys. And it allowed me to check something off my summer list. Yessss.
- Did you see Charlotte’s rainbow party? Complete with milk shots and a colored sprinkle rim? Gasp!
- Love maps and old globes? Yeah, me too. This round-up of map decor in kids rooms via Ohdeedoh is fantastic.
- Dear Melissa is pushing me to pick up a new hobby: knitting! What do you think, lovelies? Can I do it?
The knit cap is so you, Ash – one for you, and one for Wren? You can do it!
Thanks for the encouragement!
hi ash! so… i don’t know if you remember this, but the very first time I ever had trifle was at your house — i think it was late high school or maybe even early college when we were home for the holidays. anyways… there a few things that I ALWAYS associate with you. trifle is one. Marzipan is another 🙂
btw, i definitely think you can/should pick up knitting. coincidentally i picked up my knitting needles for the first time in ages just the other day. working on a baby hat (of all things). you are one of 7 women I am close having babies quite soon!
keep enjoying summer!
Join us knitters!! You might also want to join Ravlery too . . . (social networking for knitters but mostly just a great way to search patterns, see how people have interpreted them, etc.).
Yes you can, but promise me we will sit around knitting baby sweaters while the girls play in the yard!! I am half way through this pattern for Margo and love it!!! http://www.madelinetosh.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=tinytealeavescardi
that’s a really cute cardigan — thanks for sharing. I might just have to get started on that one! i have never knit in the round yet, but this might be just too cute to pass up for a challenge.