From our snowy nest to yours, we hope you are having a love-filled Valentine’s Day!
Don’t mind the dirty windows… yes, that’s the sun shining through. Finally! We’ve started our Valentine’s Day crafting. I think it’s one of my favorite kinds of preschool crafting. Hearts don’t get old, do they? Pink! Glitter! Hearts! Yes, Wren is loving it.
I’m pretty sure I’m still finding glitter from our last Valentine’s Day crafting sessions… why not make more messes? The cleaning lady’s coming soon, right?! ha ha ha ha ha ha. Boo hiss.
Lovelies. I just changed the title of this post from “right now” to “lately” because I started it a few days ago and it didn’t seem “right now” anymore… this is pretty much my life in a nutshell these days (months?) when the two little birdies are busy growing and needing. The computer can wait… But I wanted to share a little snapshot of our Valentine week with you. Cookies baked (and eaten!), hearts painted, glittered and hung. Hope yours was extra snuggly and delicious! XO
p.s. I have so much to share with you soon, lovelies. First dentist appointment, first ski, books read, resolutions progressed, a birthday celebrated… more soon, but for now the birdies are calling!
First things first, our paperwhites are in full bloom!
Have any fun plans for the weekend, lovelies? I’m hoping for a crafty one with Wren (with Phoebe tucked in one arm). Valentine’s Day is coming up! Anyone else flip the calendar to February this week and think, “hey wait a minute, how did THAT happen?” Yikes. Hey, 2012, slow down already. If you’ve got some time to lazily click around ye old Internet this weekend, start with these click-worthy corners of Cyberspace. Enjoy!
- Yes, I just took our porch Christmas lights down (!) and things are looking especially bare around here. Some crafty heart window bling might be in order to obscure the melting yuck outside.
- a Mondrian-inspired sandwich and other low-commitment projects. Yes! First spotted on You Are My Fave.
- a photo of potted crocus has me thinking spring via Posie Gets Cozy.
- free, printable Valentine’s Card Creatures. Cool, funky ones. Really.
- more V-day fun. Decorate a plate with edible paint. Yum.
- Last year I said I would make this ice garland. Well, THIS is the year! If winter comes back…
- We made fox cookies last year for Valentine’s Day and we’ll probably have some fun with butter this weekend too. Any fun cookie ideas you can send my way?
Happy Valentine’s Day, lovelies! Have any love-filled plans for the day?
I wanted to share this last-minute dessert idea with you. An easy-peasy, yummy flourless chocolate cake. If you need a last-minute dessert idea, check it out. You probably have all the ingredients too: chocolate, cocoa powder, eggs, sugar, butter. It only takes about 45 minutes to make, including the 25 minutes of baking. What could be easier?! Make it a little fancier and sprinkle some powdered sugar or cocoa powder on top. mmmmm.
May your day be full of chocolate and time with people you love. XO XO
Happy Valentine’s Day weekend, lovelies! Hearts are everywhere I click so I thought it would be fun to spice (butter) this holiday up a bit with these adorable fox cookies. I wanted to let you know that you’re foxy. And don’t let anyone tell you any different. XO
To get you through the weekend, I wanted to share a few lovely things with you. Enjoy! And remember, you’re foxy.
- It might be too late for this year, but I love these DIY Color Theory Valentines
- An adorable winter-themed party that has nothing to do with Santa or hearts!
- A-ma-zing thrifted dollhouse. Just plain wow.
- This ice bunting idea has been on my mind a lot. I will make one yet this winter. I will. I will.
- Bookmark this one! Ideas for simple homemade art supplies.
- Thinking spring: have you ever seen a Tigger Melon? It had me at orange.
Yummy, yummy in my tummy. Hip hip hooray!
P.S. Today’s my birthday and I’m going to eat a *couple* of these…