Posts tagged ‘Wool and Honey’
I was going to post a traditional “Wordless Wednesday” message with this photo, but then I realized I hadn’t really officially wished you a happy new year. So… happy new year to you and yours! May your 2012 be full of squirrely love. Isn’t this a great ornament? My friend, Melissa, from Wool & Honey made it for us. Although it was probably intended as a Christmas ornament, I’m going to keep it up all year. It’s perfect.
We’ve got a Wool & Honey giveaway winner, lovelies! Congratulations to Kelsey Dilts! Kelsey won a $50 shopping spree to Wool & Honey’s new online store. What a special treat! I am thrilled to share the love for this beautiful shop. Supporting independently-owned shops that sell handmade things is such an important thing for all of us to remember, especially during the holiday season when we are choosing how to spend our holiday gift money…
Exciting news, lovelies! I have a wonderful giveaway for all you knitters (or wannabe knitters like me!) out there. I’ve teamed up with Wool & Honey, northern Michigan’s premier knit shop, to offer one lucky winner a $50 shopping spree to their new online store!
Here are all the different ways you can enter the giveaway. Pick one or pick them all – the more the merrier in Cyberspace! Please just leave a comment on this post for each one with accompanying links (if applicable) before midnight on November 16. Winner will be posted here on November 17!
1. Visit Wool & Honey and share something you’d like to spend the $50 on.
2. Become a follower of @BeSquirrely on Twitter.
3. Sign up to receive e-mail updates to my blog on the right side of this page.
4. Tweet about the giveaway with a link to this post, mentioning both @WoolandHoney and @BeSquirrely.
5. Post on your blog about this giveaway.
6. Share this post about the giveaway on your Facebook page.
Please remember to revisit this giveaway post to share how you’ve entered the giveaway via your links, etc.
Happy fall, lovelies! My favorite season is officially here. Welcome pumpkins & bittersweet, apple cider & cozy scarves, curried squash soup & jeans, wool socks & beautiful leaves. I’m fond of sharing with people that I think summer is really a bit boring with its predictable and hot palette of blue, green and brown. Fall is so dynamic in northern Michigan with its sweeping storms, ever-changing clouds and wild colors. Green turning to orange, yellow, red. And pops of aubergine! It’s odd to be so full of vigor and yet death and dying at the same time, no?
As Zane wrote the other day, we’re also now entering my birthing season (!) so welcome to you too, little birdie #2. We look so forward to meeting you. And soon! Today marks 35 weeks. Where has the time gone?
Do you have plans this weekend to nest, harvest, pick a bushel or two of apples, watch a football game or plant some hope-filled bulbs? If you have a few minutes while you’re cuddling up inside with a mug of hot cocoa, click around here.
- It’s officially here and not a second too soon. Northern Michigan’s premier yarn shop now has an online store. Gasp!
- So yeah, I have a new blog crush. I LOVE her home. In fact, I’m inspired to paint all our walls white now…
- Did you see the feature on our bike commute to Wren’s school? Happy little birdie, happy Mama.
- Not from northern Michigan, but want to have a taste of it? Check out Traverse Gourmet. Yum.
- It’s Pflaumenkuchen and roasted tomato soup season. A couple good ones from ye ole archives.
Enjoy your first fall weekend! XO
How did it already get to be the middle of July? Whew. We’ve been making sand castles, visiting with friends and family, tackling a mountain of work, playing in the back yard, going to festivals, listening to live music, eating lots of frozen confections, watching the garden grow and trying to work in some lazy moments too. And summer zooms on by!
Have anything fun planned for the weekend? More grilled pizzas are on the docket for us tonight, mmmm. Here’s wishing you a weekend full of lazy summer moments! And a few places for you to click on over to, in case you find yourself in front of the ole lapper-topper….
- I love me some trifle so when I saw this idea for mini to-go trifles, my heart just about skipped a beat. Too bad our fresh raspberries/cherries/blueberries just don’t stick around long enough for me to concoct a special dessert for them…
- I quick-pickled the last of our radishes using this easy-peasy recipe. I think it’s my new favorite way to munch on the spicy little guys. And it allowed me to check something off my summer list. Yessss.
- Did you see Charlotte’s rainbow party? Complete with milk shots and a colored sprinkle rim? Gasp!
- Love maps and old globes? Yeah, me too. This round-up of map decor in kids rooms via Ohdeedoh is fantastic.
- Dear Melissa is pushing me to pick up a new hobby: knitting! What do you think, lovelies? Can I do it?