Happy fall, lovelies! My favorite season is officially here. Welcome pumpkins & bittersweet, apple cider & cozy scarves, curried squash soup & jeans, wool socks & beautiful leaves. I’m fond of sharing with people that I think summer is really a bit boring with its predictable and hot palette of blue, green and brown. Fall is so dynamic in northern Michigan with its sweeping storms, ever-changing clouds and wild colors. Green turning to orange, yellow, red. And pops of aubergine! It’s odd to be so full of vigor and yet death and dying at the same time, no?
As Zane wrote the other day, we’re also now entering my birthing season (!) so welcome to you too, little birdie #2. We look so forward to meeting you. And soon! Today marks 35 weeks. Where has the time gone?
Do you have plans this weekend to nest, harvest, pick a bushel or two of apples, watch a football game or plant some hope-filled bulbs? If you have a few minutes while you’re cuddling up inside with a mug of hot cocoa, click around here.
- It’s officially here and not a second too soon. Northern Michigan’s premier yarn shop now has an online store. Gasp!
- So yeah, I have a new blog crush. I LOVE her home. In fact, I’m inspired to paint all our walls white now…
- Did you see the feature on our bike commute to Wren’s school? Happy little birdie, happy Mama.
- Not from northern Michigan, but want to have a taste of it? Check out Traverse Gourmet. Yum.
- It’s Pflaumenkuchen and roasted tomato soup season. A couple good ones from ye ole archives.
Enjoy your first fall weekend! XO