Remember that Spring Forward list from a few weeks back? It’s been so much springier than anticipated (and *they* say 70 and sunny by the end of the week. I love Spring Break in northern Michigan!) so we’ve been able to accomplish quite a bit, thank you very much!
- planting heirloom tomato seeds and watching them grow in our sun room/play room
- splashing in mud puddles in my lovely pea green galoshes that meine Mutti got me for my Birthday (it’s been dry as a bone here.)
- turning the compost pile (Chris did this, but it’s done so it’s off the list)
- making some raised beds and hauling in some soil
- singing “here comes Peter Cottontail hopping down the bunny trail, hippity hoppity Easter’s on its way!”
- attending the Cedar Rod & Gun Club’s 50th annual smelt dinner (this Friday!)
- watching the sap drip down the maple trees
- planning Wren’s first birthday party (working on it…)
- watching Wren discover the joys of mobility
- listening to Wren babble
- seeing Baby Turner #4 (He JUST arrived yesterday! Welcome, Emmett Christopher.)
- riding my bike to yoga again
- taking family bike rides
- going on our favorite wildflower hike to the Treat Farm in the Sleeping Bear Dunes. When will the trillium bloom this year, do you think, dear readers?
- eating fresh asparagus every day
- using the grill again (this week?)
- enjoying our front porch
- morel-hunting in our favorite spots (no, of course we won’t tell you where those are, silly.)
- and watching the spring bulbs pop out of the ground and push their way through the remains of winter
How are you enjoying spring in your neck of the woods, dear readers? What have you done that you’ve enjoyed?