Are you a list-lover or hater? I love to make lists. Some mental, some physical. Preferably on a real piece of paper. Often I misplace my hand-written lists, but a lot of it gets lodged in my head anyway. I read once (or someone told me more likely) that one is more likely to remember something if it gets written down–not typed–with your human hand. Even if you never see the notes/lists/ramblings again, the simple act of writing something down is what makes it stick. Fascinating! I was a crazy note-taker in high school and college. Sometimes I would come home and rewrite my notes. I know, I am such a nerd at heart. Sigh.
I was thinking in the shower this morning (yes, I managed to take one today!) about what I’m looking forward to this coming spring. So here’s my latest list.
- planting heirloom tomato seeds and watching them grow in our sun room/play room
- splashing in mud puddles in my lovely pea green galoshes that meine Mutti got me for my Birthday (thank you!)
- turning the compost pile
- making some raised beds and hauling in some soil
- singing “here comes Peter Cottontail hopping down the bunny trail, hippity hoppity Easter’s on its way!”
- attending the Cedar Rod & Gun Club’s 50th (?) annual smelt dinner (sounds weird, but we love it!)
- watching the sap drip down the maple trees
- planning Wren’s first birthday party
- watching Wren discover the joys of mobility
- listening to Wren babble
- seeing Baby Turner #4
- riding my bike to yoga again
- taking family bike rides
- going on our favorite wildflower hike to the Treat Farm in the Sleeping Bear Dunes. When will the trillium bloom this year, do you think, dear readers?
- eating fresh asparagus every day
- using the grill again
- enjoying our front porch
- morel-hunting in our favorite spots (no, of course we won’t tell you where those are, silly.)
- and watching the spring bulbs pop out of the ground and push their way through the remains of winter, like this crocus:
What’s on your Spring Forward list, dear readers?